Cannabis topicals are skin-applied ointments, balms, oils, or lotions that contain cannabis. Topicals are an excellent choice for folks who want to enjoy cannabis’ health advantages without getting high from the chemical tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
The demand for topicals rises along with the cannabis sector. Topicals in the form of personal lubricants and essential oils are now a part of this expanding market.
The Function of Cannabis Topicals
The chemical elements present in cannabis plants are known as cannabinoids. THC and CBD are the two most well-known cannabinoids (CBD). These substances slowly permeate the skin after application before being absorbed by the body.
Endocannabinoids are made by the human body. The endocannabinoids in the body interact with the compounds from cannabis topicals to produce a variety of effects as they are absorbed by the body. Cannabinoids bind to receptors in the skin and circulation, which then disperse them throughout the body.
What Conditions Do People Treat With Topicals?
Cannabis topicals are used to treat a range of ailments and symptoms. Here are some of its most common applications:
- Inflammation: When a region of the body is injured, it can become hot, red, or swollen. This is called inflammation. Topical cannabis products may soothe the irritated area.
- Pain Relief: Some people claim that topicals relieve their joint pain or migraines. If topicals can help with severe pain or pain brought on by cancer, more research is required.
- Skin Disorders: Topicals may have certain impact when used to treat eczema and acne, among other skin disorders.
- Skincare: Cosmetic firms are starting to sell cannabis lotions that have anti-aging properties. Because they are powerful antioxidants, cannabinoids can help shield the skin from pollutants and UV rays.
- Wound Care: Because CBD may have antibacterial qualities, certain topicals are utilized as an antiseptic. According to research, CBD might possibly be antibacterial.
- Sexual Pleasure: Cannabis topicals can be applied as lubricant in the bedroom for increased sex enjoyment. Users who apply CBD topicals to their genitalia have described feeling euphoric effects. To utilize CBD topicals in this manner, make sure they are created for that purpose.
Can You Get High From Topicals?
The cannabinoid that causes the “high” effect, not CBD, is THC. Small levels of THC may be present in topicals, but when THC is absorbed via the skin, it loses its psychoactive effects. You won’t be able to get high even if a topical you buy has traces of THC.
Choosing A Cannabis Topical
Topicals come in several varieties. Before purchasing a cannabis topical, keep the following in mind:
- Your intended treatments.
- What the THC laws are where you live.
- your desired spending budget.
- Your travel plan.
Remember that you must be familiar with both local and destination rules if you want to transport cannabis items. Plan beforehand because different states, towns, and counties all have distinct regulations governing the possession and transit of CBD products.
Can I Buy Cannabis Topicals Without a Prescription?
Your purchase options will be limited by local rules. In Colorado, you can purchase cannabis topicals without a prescription.
Many topicals are offered at Helping Hands Dispensary, and our helpful team will assist you with any inquiries. You can conveniently place an order at our Boulder, Colorado dispensary online and pick it up there, or you can browse in person. We’ll talk soon.